Ford’s Futurist Sheryl Connelly Part-2By kamla bhatt • Oct 26th, 2012
Category: Business & Tech, Featured, Ideas, San Francisco/Silicon Valley
In Part-2 of our conversation Ford Motor Co’s futurist Sheryl Connelly talks about her role as a futurist. While we can predict the future, we can help shape it is one way of describing what she does points out Sheryl.
A car is much more than taking you from Point A to Point B she says. So, what is a car going to look like in the future? Driverless car? The global population is going to see an increase from the current 7 billion to 9 billion. What does that mean? Will cars became a utility? Will there be cars on demand? These, and other questions are answered by Sheryl.
This is Part-2 of our 2-part conversation with Sheryl that was recorded in Palo Alto in August 2012. Here is the link to Part-1 of the conversation.
Photo credit: Ford Motor Co.
- Alan, Mullaly, Ford’s President and CEO interview -video
- Edsel B. Ford – great, grandson of Henry Ford - video
- Paul Mascarenas, Ford’s CTO - video
- John Hinrichs, Ford’s President of Asia Pacific Africa Region - podcast
- John Hinrichs, Ford’s President of Asia Pacific Africa Region - video
- Venkatesh Prasad – Ford’s “What’s Next” guy – video
- Unveiling Ford Focus Electric at CES 2011 - video